Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fiber Arts Alliance Felting



I drove up to Asheville, NC on Tuesday (a 3+ hour drive) with my friend Sylvia for a class and the regular meeting of the Fiber Arts Alliance. The FAA has branched off from the Asheville Quilt Guild and its focus, of course, is fiber art. So far I have introduced three of my friends to the FAA and we all agree that it's well worth the 6+ hours of driving on the 1st Tuesday of the month to get there.

This month Nancy Bruce (right), gifted yarn dyer and needle felter, gave a one-hour class on dry felting and then gave a wonderful program on
wet and dry felting at the FAA meeting.


We each got a wonderful kit full of colorful roving, yarn, goat curls (curly goat fur), felting needle, hand-dyed cheesecloth and silk and other assorted goodies. Nancy had beautiful samples to show us, and unfortunately I forgot to take photos of her larger wet-felted pieces.

Here is my project...





A good time was had by all! Thank you, Nancy.






1 comment:

Julie Bagamary said...

Nice pin Anita.
You are going to GERMANY!! Yipee!