Sunday, November 23, 2008

Felted Pincushions--A New Idea!




Today I made more felted wool pincushions and tried a new idea which I hadn't seen elsewhere before...

I cut scraps of wool batting into long, narrow strips, 1 to 2 inches wide, and rolled the strips into tight balls for the pincushion centers (this was last month's new idea). Thin wisps of wool roving were laid over the balls a little at a time until they were completely covered with color.

Then I got an idea; I was disappointed with the few colors of the roving I had (which were not very bright), but I did have some colorful wool yarns. Humm...could I use the yarn around the ball and felt the finished product?








I was hoping the idea would work because I made quite a few pincushions...





They turned out beautifully!

2 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

These are GREAT Anita. I really like the "stripes" of color! Are they going in your Etsy Shop?

G.R.I.T.S. said...

Hi Anita, I love your work both on your website and your blog. You are so talented. It was nice to meet you today at Dragonfly. Happy Thanksgiving.