Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Two-Day Trip

We had a sweet little 2-day trip Monday and Tuesday to Asheville, NC, one of our favorite places. After a month of mostly staying home, Bill and I were both ready to break out, so we headed north to the mountains...

We drove north to western NC and then east on I-40 for a view of the Great Smokey Mountains and the mountains surrounding Asheville.

Ooooh, Asheville! Some of our favorite people and places live here. On this trip we visited places...Mr. K's Used Books in East Asheville, Green Life (whole foods), the Habitat for Humanity store, Yarn Paradise, Tupelo Honey's restaurant, and Earth Guild for art and fiber supplies. I had to skip the wonderful Waechter's Fine Fabrics this time.

If you're of a certain age (my age) you know what this next photo is, and you've probably been wondering about its secret location for decades...

FYI, its off of I-26 in western North Carolina, south of Asheville. Shhhhh.

1 comment:

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I have always wanted to visit Ashville. It sounds just so incredibly beautiful and just like you said, full of amazing shops. And thanks for the photo of the Bat Cave. I too have always been curious about that.