Monday, March 16, 2009

What's New

This past week I visited a wonderful new quilt shop in Buford, Georgia (northeast of Atlanta just off of I-985) which is a little over an hour from Athens. I'm hoping to be able to teach there sometime in the near future and this trip was made to "sell my wares". The shop is called Georgia Sewing & Quilting and it's worth a visit.

On the gloomy side...


...tax season is here, and I'm terrible at anything that involves accounting. I rarely make New Year's resolutions, but this year I had to decide to become better at my business accounting. It's slow going. It came as a shock to me when I started my fiber arts business in 2008, that I (promoter of budgets, money-handling whiz, B+ college student in Differential Equations) was a total dunce with business books. Humm.




So, this week I cleared the design wall in my studio to give me some incentive to finish the dreaded paperwork. Progress, not perfection. There has been some progress. Pray for me.

No comments: