Monday, March 2, 2009

Deep South Snow & My Work Area

Snow update: Here in Georgia (the U.S. deep south) there are no snow plows and no sand or salt trucks which is why snow is a problem. Yesterday, the power went out for almost two hours. We were set for this kind of trouble in Florida because everyone had a "hurricane closet" where candles, lights, battery-operated radios and actual plug-in phones were kept (phone lines will often still work when the power is out). Anyway, we survived and only got a little chilled. It took Bill three hours to drive 70 miles from Atlanta. We're taking photos because this may not happen again for twenty years...
These are not sissy snowflakes. It was falling like ski country around here! We got about 5" total. We didn't lose any trees, but after five years of drought there were some trees and limbs down all over.

Anyway, preparations for the vendor booth are in high gear as it's only three days away! I've been working in my studio, dining room, garage and laundry room. Here's what the dining room looks like...

Because of the cold, I had to move some of the dyeing process indoors, so yesterday I went to Lowe's and picked up a few more of my mason's tubs and found the MOAT (mother of all tubs)...

This baby is 24" x 36" and is holding about 8 yards of dyed fabric in this photo. The other one is my regular size tub, but it's got about 6 yards of fabric.

Sometime today I have to mix more dyes in the 30 degree garage. Brrrr

No comments: