Monday, December 22, 2008

Machine Quilting...The Novice Type

Okay, I've had this mid-arm machine for two months now, and my Patsy Thompson Fast and Free DVD's on machine quilting for longer than that ( www.patsythompsondesigns.com ). It's time to buckle down to practice my machine quilting. I am making a commitment to spend 30 minutes each day practicing. Here are my practice pieces for yesterday and today...

They're not pretty, but I'm feeling more control with the machine and my foot is getting the feel of the correct position for the speed I want. As you can see, I'm trying to quilt in designated areas to see what I can do with them.

Patsy DVD's really help because I can see and hear the speed of her machine and the movement of her hands. Patsy is very calm and encouraging and has lots of little tips that make the process easier. Anyway, I just feel better, and less critical of myself, after watching her quilt for a little while.

3 comments:

Carol Sloan said...

I love to sew and listen to Patsy's voice...it IS calming! Good job Anita! You'll master it in no time!

Anonymous said...

This is looking great!!! You inspire me to practice mine more too. Have fun!!!

Carol said...

Your machine quilting is coming along nicely. I too am working through Patsy's DVD and having a lot of fun. I agree she is very calming.