Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Quilters in Stitches Quilt Guild


I was invited Monday evening to give a program to the lovely Quilters in Stitches Quilt Guild in Grayson, GA. I had the opportunity to give a program to this group in 2009 and was excited to be back.

The program topic was "Stretching the String", which is about string piecing. If you're a quilter, you know that a "string" is a tapered piece of fabric, usually a scrap, that can be sewn to a foundation with other strings to make a quilt block. You can see a string-pieced quilt here.

You know the best part of visiting other quilt guilds is to watch show-n-tell.


This lady made a beautiful garment bag out of home deco fabric.


This quilt was made entirely out of scraps.

This lady took a tote pattern and changed it to make a purse with a flat bottom and many pockets. The covered buttons on the front were a good embellishment.

This quilter had a wonderful Sashiko quilt that she made from a pattern by Sylvia Pippen Designs. I wasn't familiar with Sylvia Pippen, but on her website I recognized her new book, called Paradise Stitched.

Here's one more look at the guild meeting with their lovely raffle quilt on display.

Thanks ladies, I had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

It is always fun to visit other guilds, & what an honor to be invited back for an encore!

Thanks for the kind wrds on my latest customer quilt. I'm not completely happy with it. I wanted it to be perfect, it just isn't!