Friday, March 12, 2010

Opportunity Blocks

Today I have been working on combining some "opportunity" blocks I purchased at the Pensacola Quilt Show. The guild collects blocks from members for about 12 months before their show and then sells each of the blocks for $1.00 each. It's a great opportunity to purchase blocks for an easy quilt.

This year the block was this lovely string star (below) made up of 4 small rectangular string blocks and a center square.


I'll use these three blocks for a sample for my "Stretching the String" program and class.


The blue and light yellow blocks from the layout above will be used for a small give-away quilt.

These blocks are ready for narrow purple strips between rows and then a purple border plus an outside border.

I bought 26 blocks in all and will get a sample and 2 small quilts and still have some leftover for later use.

No comments: