Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sewing & Dyeing

I've been sewing together the blocks for AJ's quilt and will finish the center tonight and then add borders...

Wouldn't you know it? Look at that bad little block facing the wrong way! Center square, top right corner. Ugh. Okay, I'll fix it. BAD block!

I chose the bottom right border sample as the outside border and the inside border will be a rich, dark black.

I found that border fabric in Florida at the Rainbow's End quilt shop. It was a burnt orange batik but it was a little too light, so I over-dyed it with black dye to make it darker. Now it's perfect!

Speaking of dye, I just mixed up a bunch of fabric dye concentrates including some yummy colors from my friend Nancy. Violet and Strongest Orange will be beautiful together.

There are just too many fun things to do! I woke up at 4:30am with a head full of wanna-do's.

No comments: