Sunday, January 31, 2010

Motoring out of the 20th Century

Thank you, Mary Stori, for encouraging me to change my teaching format to digital. So far all of my quilt guild program presentations have been made using a flip chart. If you're too young to know what that is, don't tell me please.

Anyhoo, I've been collecting the necessary equipment for digital presentations over the last few months and I'm nearly ready to give my first digital presentation in Power Point on Tuesday to the Lake Oconee Quilters, Eatonton, GA.

I found a wonderful little device called a micro projector at Radio Shack in December. This baby is 3-1/2" x 3" x 1-1/2", and it puts out a fine picture. The box says the projection will be 50" x 50", but it looks good larger too. Best of all, it was under $100! There was no way I could afford an $800 projector right now, so I'm pleased.

1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

packerfaCongrats. Anita......your audiences will benefit from your preparation and hard work!

Your string quilts are so exciting, can't wait to try one myself.