Thursday, November 12, 2009

Finally Sewing

Getting into my sewing room has been a challenge with a walker, but today I set up my work area so that sewing, cutting and pressing areas were close by.


It was refreshing to work on sewing again. My nephew AJ's quilt has been put aside for a while but I was able to finish some of the blocks today and place them on the design wall.


This is the start of the blocks and I was going to blend these with orange half-square triangles and create a geometric layout...


AJ is a freshman at RIT (Rochester Inst. of Tech.) in New York. RIT's colors are orange and brown, but don't the blocks look beautiful with just a little orange? We'll see what he thinks when he checks out this blog entry.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Glad you are sewing again! That quilt is going to look great. It will have the college colors but not look like a college quilt.

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

Thanks Vicki!

Julie Bagamary said...

Woohoo that you are able to be sewing again Anita. Praying for you.

Carol Sloan said...

Glad to hear you're up and about a little bit. I get so restless when I can't create...hope you're healing well!