Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Latest News

Here's another sample (before it was sewn together) from the String Quilt Blocks workshop. This has a basic log cabin layout, but the dark side has an added twist. Can you see the difference? You can get this look by making a large string block and then cutting it with two diagonal slices; the cuts will yield two quarter triangles in which the strings point to the corner and two quarter triangles in which the strings are "horizontal" to the corner. Does this make sense? My medicine is kicking in, so I'll check the wording later.



This is a journal size (8 1/2" x 11") rust dyed fabric by my husband. I started quilting it but have not finished it yet. I just love those rust dyed golden-browns.
Here's my little scooter that Bill brought home yesterday. This is so much easier to use around the house than the wheelchair following foot surgery.
Here's the subject foot. Poor baby.








2 comments:

Lynn said...

We must shop at the same shoe store! I had surgery on the arch of my foot May 7th and show my wonderful shoe on this blog entry.
http://nebraskaviews.blogspot.com/2009/05/designer-shoe.html

Get healed up soon!
Lynn

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

Love your shoe too, Lynn. How is your foot feeling now? My pins come out in about 6 weeks and then I'll have a walking cast for another 6 weeks. Not bad. The last time it was 25 weeks.