Sunday, January 16, 2011
My harvest today involves dyeing fabric. I rinsed 11 yards of fabric this morning and this evening I dyed another 14 yards, parfait style, above.
Sewing was a minor disaster, so after applying borders and realizing I did them wrong, I moved to machine quilting. Not so good there either, but I only had to take out some of the quilting when I crossed lines.
This is the small piece I'm quilting. The thread color was a good choice because it enhances the quilt design rather than hiding it. The swirls are also a good size for the piece, they're just not as uniform as I would like.
Here I've torn out some of the offending swirls and can try again. I feel so much better when I tear out imperfect stitching and fix it.