Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Serger, New Toy, Plus New Yarn

For the last few days I have been adding a rolled edge to these hand-dyed fabrics which will be sold at Helix in downtown Athens, GA. This group of pieces is heading there this afternoon...

This is a close-up of the rolled edge...


Serging fabric creates much more lint than a regular sewing machine. After sewing just one edge of this yellow piece, this is how much lint accumulated...

That's alotta lint! You know that this much lint will gumm up the works, so I bought a new toy for cleaning my serger.


I bought this miniature attachment set for the regular vacuum in order to clean up all of that lint. This attachment set is sold in the Shop Vac section at Lowe's or other home improvement stores--well worth the low price because it will save me from frustrating machine problems in the future.



Last week my Colorado friend, Lori, sent me this beautiful yarn which is spun at Sheep Camp Wool Mill in Molina, CO. It's hand-dyed Shetland and it's so soft. I'm picturing a warm vest or shawl in my future. Thanks Lori!

No comments: