Monday, October 26, 2009

My Favorites in Houston

I was on a walker for the whole trip to Houston, so I was only able to see a small portion of the quilts in the quilt show. Here were my favorites.

Topping the list was my friend Joyce Cobb's quilt...


This next quilt, entitled Australian Bushfires and made by Fenella Davies of the UK, drew me in from across the room...


The small green segment at the bottom of the quilt represents new life following the fires.

I was so astounded by this next quilt that I forgot to take a photo of the whole thing! My hand was just 2 inches from the front of the quilt, so each piece in the quilt was only 1/4" wide!!!!

I also forgot to take a photo of the description sheet to record the maker's name. She was from Japan, I'm sure, and the quilt was amazing!


This last quilt in my favorites was also Joyce's favorite...I'd love to have this in my living room because it was bright, beautiful, and the perfect canvas for lots of bling...


It was called "Feeling Groovy" and was made by Candace West of Florida. I'd guess that it was about 5 to 6 feet long. Here are some of the details...



No comments: