Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More Beading & QAA Meeting



I added some beads to this piece tonight...

I love this little raised picot edge which I applied, not to an edge, but to a line on the fabric. It's hard to see, but it's yummy in orange and multi-red.


This afternoon our Quilting Arts Alliance met at the Lyndon House in Athens, GA...


Paula Tanner (second from left) of Apalachee River Trash gave us a program called "Drafting Your Quilt Design". Paula is a commercial artist, among many other talents, and taught us how to use a proportion wheel plus some geometry tricks I have never seen before. It was a wonderful program. Thank you, Paula!


Show-n-tell included this piece by Paula which has a lovely cross-stitched center...
The flowers at the bottom are appliqued beautifully.


These sweet post cards were made by Mary Ann...


The one on the left is thread painted and the one on the right is colored with Paintstiks. I missed Frances' stairway quilts, but you can see one in her blog archive by clicking on her name.

Oooh, look what I found on Frances blog...

...some flesh-tone fabrics I dyed for her latest quilt. Thanks, Frances. I had forgotten to take a photo before giving them to you.

No comments: