Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quilts of Valor at the Houston Int'l Quilt Festival

I can't afford to go to the Houston International Quilt Festival (www.quilts.com, the mother ship for all quilters on Earth) at the end of this month, but I'll be sending two quilts to the Quilts of Valor Foundation booth (www.qovf.org). This quilt, which you saw in the previous blog entry, will hang in the QOVF booth...
This string-pieced quilt, which was made as a Quilt of Valor to be given to a war-wounded soldier, will be given away to such a soldier from the QOV booth in Houston, I hope. In this photo, it hung in the Asheville (NC) Quilt Show in August. I wanted to spread the word about the Quilts of Valor Foundation, but there was no room for a booth at the show. Instead, I made this quilt and called it "Purple Heart Quilt of Valor" to hang in the show.
If you're going to the show, stop in for a visit.

1 comment:

Alycia said...

Wonderful Quilts! Keep us posted if it gets delivered!!