Friday, June 10, 2011

A New Venue and The Week After...

We are very lucky that Marybeth Tawfik (a very experienced long arm quilter) and Cambridge Lane Quilters, has moved to Athens (GA) and has opened a quilting studio in the Railroad Arts District! I am happy and grateful that she has asked me to sell hand dyed wide quilt backing sateen fabric in her studio. Her studio is located across from the Chocolate Cafe--go through the green door at the center of the building and she's on the left.

Last week Marybeth quilted this baby quilt for me...

This is one of the sateen wide backing fabrics I dyed for this quilt.

Marybeth did a wonderful job.


Well, it's the week following two days of sitting in the vendor booth in Mobile, AL...all that sitting has revved me up. I've been preparing some wide backing fabric for dye, putting away all of the fabric from the booth, hanging ideas on the design wall for new projects to start, and sorting and organizing in my studio.

Mary Ann gave me some thread boxes recently and yesterday I made them into a counter top display in the studio...
This is the view I get from my sewing machine. Bill glued them together for me, and then he adhered them to the wall with some sticky squares so that they wouldn't tip. Next, I'll buy a clear plastic sheet to hang over the threads to keep them clean.

We're at the point of eating out of the garden. Cherry tomatoes, arugula and lettuce, cucumbers, green onions & more. Plus we just pulled up the last of the garlic crop and they are drying in the garage...

These are elephant garlic and they are huge!

We bought organic elephant garlic from Earth Fare (whole food store) and planted the cloves last fall, then pulled the plants this week when the leaves turned to brown, brushed them off and hung them in the garage for a few weeks to dry. I just love eating out of the garden!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

That quilt is so cute! Those are huge garlic bulbs. That should last a while!