Friday, November 19, 2010

Another One Quilted

On Tuesday I free-motion machine quilted this small rail fence quilt. It was made using the string piecing method (with tapered pieces of fabric, rather than strips of fabric).

The binding is not on yet, but I'll get to that this weekend. This piece measures about 30" x 24".

Here's the quilting close up...


The thread color was perfect because it didn't take away from the quilt design.

I was also invited to give my "Stretching the String" program/lecture to the Yellow Daisy Quilters in Stone Mountain, GA this week. Jessie is showing a couple of her quilts below...

The Yellow Daisies are a lively group of fine quilters.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I like that one a lot!

Frances Arnold said...

Great job with the quilting....you are really flying thru those UFO's now!!!!