Monday, July 26, 2010

Quilting Fabric in Pensacola

Several years ago the lovely Quilt Corner closed in Pensacola. It was my favorite all-time quilt shop, and it was the home for our Killer Bees quilting bee. We spent many, many hours there enjoying the work room, hogging the huge round table, and sipping cold drinks on the back porch.

My next favorite fabric store in the Pensacola area was A & E Pharmacy. That's right, a pharmacy...with a fabulous craft and fabric area, which has since expanded into the largest seller of quilt fabric in the area (perhaps in north Florida, Alabama and Georgia).



You can see by the tiny tiles and the sign that A & E has been in business for a long time. It is the place to buy your Mardi Gras beads and decorations, drug store items, school supplies, craft supplies, and much more. They are the only store that I know of that has a glass case of tiaras. Can't go to the Mardi Gras Ball without a tiara, I guess. It reminds me of an old 5 & Dime store.

Stop by sometime if you're in the area, or make a special trip. Call ahead to see what's on sale in the fabric department and to get directions. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

Karen said...

As a native of Pensacola I absolutely agree with how wonderful this fabric store inside a pharmacy is! It is definitely my favorite local place for fabric.